Ⅰ. Competition briefing:
(Ⅰ) Date of competition and time of departure
8:00 a.m., November 18, 2018 (Sunday)
(Ⅱ) Competition events and number of participants
Half Marathon （21.0975 km） 5,000 participants
Mini Marathon (8km) 6,000 participants
Family Marathon (2 km) 4,000 participants
(Ⅰ) Time of application
From 10:00 August 8 to 22:00 November 1
(Ⅱ) Fee of application
Half Marathon RMB 120/person or USD 18/person;
Mini Marathon RMB 60/person or USD 9/person;
Parent-Child Marathon RMB 50/person or USD 8/person;
Note: Family Marathon children and adults all need to sign up.
(Ⅲ) Age of applicants
1. Applicants for Half Marathon must be at least 18 full years old (born in 2000);
2. Applicants for Mini Marathon must be at least 14 full years old (born in 2004);
3. Applicants for Parent-Child Marathon must be at least 5 full years old (born in 2013);
4. Cautions: With regard to under-age applicants for the competition aged less than 18, before they receive the articles for the competition, their guardians or legal representatives must sign a Disclaimer for the Competition on the site; otherwise they would be prohibited from participating in the competition.
(Ⅳ) Requirement for the physical status of participants
Marathon is a high-load, high-intensity and long-distance competitive sport, and is also a high-risk competitive sport, with a high requirement for the physical status of participants. Participants shall be physically healthy and shall have the foundation of long-term participation in running exercise. Those with the following physical status shall not apply for the competition:
1. Congenital heart diseases and rheumatic heart diseases;
2. Hypertension and cerebral vascular diseases;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia;
5. Diabetes with hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia;
6. Having caught a cold within two weeks before the date of competition;
8. Other diseases unsuitable for sports;
The Organization Committee demands each participant to receive physical examination at a hospital at or above the county level before the competition. Only those whose examination result is “healthy” can participate in the competition; otherwise, the participants shall be individually responsible for any personal injury or property loss attributed to their personal physical status or any other personal status.
(Ⅴ) Way of application
1. Half Marathon, Mini Marathon and Parent-Child Marathon are limited to 5,000, 6,000 and 4,000 applicants respectively. The participation qualifications shall be allocated according to the payment sequence of applicants. If the number of applicants for Half Marathon exceeds the quota of application, the participation qualifications and queuing candidates shall be allocated in a standby way according to the actual payment time of applicants. The application for Mini Marathon and Parent-Child Marathon shall be stopped immediately after the actual number of applicants reaches the quota. If any successful applicant cannot participate in the competition for his/her personal reason, he/she can apply for withdrawing his/her application, and shall be replaced by the candidate who ranks ahead in the list of candidates.
2. Applicants for this competition can, within a prescribed period, log onto the official website of the competition and fill in relevant information and pay the required fee.
3. The Organization Committee will, before the competition, notify successful applicants to log onto the official website of the competition and inquire about the participation number;
4. The receipt of the articles for the competition:
Successful applicants must, holding their personal effective ID certificates (originals), go to Meihu Sports Center of Yiwu City to receive the articles on the site on November 15 (13:00-20:00), November 16 (10:00-20:00) and November 17 (9:00-21:00). The articles for the competition cannot be received on the early morning of the day of competition. Therefore, successful applicants are required to reasonably schedule their receipt of articles. Successful applicants who cannot participate in the competition for some reason can write a letter to the mailbox of the customer service within 7 workdays after the competition, so that the latter can arrange for mailing, with the logistics fee to be borne by the successful applicants themselves.
(Ⅵ) The process of application
Log onto the official website of the competition → Click “Apply immediately” → Select the event applied for →Read and approve the Disclaimer → Fill in personal data→ Confirm the application information→ Complete the payment.
(Ⅶ) Way of payment
Successful applicants (i.e. participants) can make payment via online banking, Alipay, Wechat and PAYPAL.
(Ⅷ) Standby and withdrawal from application
The mechanism of standby and withdrawal has been set up for this competition（only half marathon）. If a successful applicant cannot participate in the competition for his/her personal reason, he/she can choose to withdraw. Those who withdraw on or before October 10 can have a refund of 80% of the application fee, and those who withdraw from October 11 to November 1 (inclusive) can have a refund of 50% of the application fee. The application fee shall be refunded to the actual deduction account via which the applicant has paid his/her application fee within one week after the withdrawal application is submitted. No withdrawal can be made after November 1. If a successful applicant withdraws, then the candidate who ranks ahead in the list of candidates shall replace him/her. After the successful applicant withdraws from application, the Organization Committee of this competition will no longer accept his/her application request.
1. Only those who have successfully applied for the competition and completed the payment are qualified to participate in the competition. The participation qualifications and queuing candidates shall be allocated in a standby way according to the actual payment time of applicants. If any successful applicant cannot participate in the competition for his/her personal reason, he/she can apply for withdrawing his/her application, and shall be replaced by the candidate who ranks ahead in the list of candidates.
2. Applicants must carefully read all clauses of the Disclaimer of this competition. Once application is confirmed, the applicant shall be regarded as having accepted the Disclaimer of this competition.
3. Successful applicants are required to earnestly and truthfully fill in their personal information, and the Organization Committee will verify their information. If any applicant is found out to obtain his/her participation qualification with false information, the Organization Committee shall have the right to cancel his/her participation qualification without refunding his/her application fee.
4. After obtaining participation qualification, applicants shall not change their competition events or any other personal information. If any applicant transfers his/her participation qualification or number cloth to any other person (substitute runner), then both the applicant and the substitute runner shall be regarded as violating regulations, and shall bear all consequences occurring during the competition.
5. The hand rings for the competition are important evidences for participating in the competition and receiving the souvenir after the competition. When issuing the articles, the functionaries on the site will put on the hand rings for the participants. Participants shall not take down the hand rings on their own, shall not damage or transfer the hand rings; otherwise the Organization Committee shall have the right to prohibit the participants from entering the starting area, and shall have the right to issue any souvenir after the competition.
Ⅲ. Way of inquiry about application
(Ⅰ) Contact Tel: 400-99-42195 Extension Number: 1
(Working time: 9:30-12:00 and 13:00-18:00 from Monday to Friday)
(II) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Organization Committee of Yiwu International Half Marathon
August 8st, 2018